Sunday, December 6, 2015

Nov 23rd-Training Sister Hansens, I'm a Gma, Kelsey's Baptism!!!


Sister Hansens and I were asked to train Sister Smith but she has not arrived because of some visa issues... She is also from England! She will be arriving Wednesday so there will be more news next week! It'll be 7 1/2 months here in Chandler! Goin for #9Months haha Not to mention I'm a grandma!!! Sister Berezay is white wash training in YUMA, which is where she's wanted to go sense she got here! They're taking over a senior couples area and I'm so excited for her! I'm too young to be a grandma... Any how! Kelsey's baptism was amazing!!! There was so much love and support from all the ward members and it went wonderfully! She already has a meeting with bishop to get her temple recommend and we'll be off to do baptisms for the dead with her! Royann is getting her temple recommend as well so we have some exciting weeks coming up!!! Yesterday Sister Hansens and I gave talks on conversion in sacrament meeting. I love preparing trainings and such because I find I always learn so much in that time and it always seems to be what I need a reminder of! I used the beatitudes from the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5 for the how to be converted. I also shared a quote from President Uchtdorf on simplicity because I believe too often we're complicating our discipleship. He said,  “Sometimes, the truth may just seem too straightforward, too plain, and too simple for us to fully appreciate its great value. So we set aside what we have experienced and know to be true in pursuit of more mysterious or complicated information. Hopefully we will learn that when we chase after shadows, we are pursuing matters that have little substance and value. . . are we making our discipleship too complicated? Brothers and sisters, if you ever think that the gospel isn’t working so well for you, I invite you to step back, look at your life from a higher plane, and simplify your approach to discipleship. Focus on the basic doctrines, principles, and applications of the gospel. I promise that God will guide and bless you on your path to a fulfilling life, and the gospel will definitely work better for you.” I love being a disciple of Jesus Christ and I'm forever grateful I've been given this opportunity to serve my Father in heaven for these short 18 months. I love you all! Happy Thanksgiving!!! 

Love, Sister Eaton




No comments:

Post a Comment