Tuesday, October 20, 2015

6 MONTHS IN CHANDLER!!!!!-Oct 12

SIX MONTHS IN CHANDLER!!!!!! (so far...) I get to stay another transfer! And my new companion is... SISTER HANSENS!!!! (My MTC companion) I totally did not see that one coming! We've had some fun times together already! Last night we celebrated Canada's Thanksgiving with some members! Thanksgiving 2x a year... yes please! One of the sons pointed out it's ironic Sister Hansens we celebrating because she's English and all but she may as well be American! So we're teaching this family and they're from Africa! There's a bit of a language barrier... they speak Swahili! So I taught my first translated lesson! We had an awesome member out with us and once we got home she texted us to let us know she ordered a BoM in Swahili! The members here are AMAZING!!!! This week I also hit another mile stone! I fell for my first time on my bike! More like flew but all is good! It was raining and the roads are slippery "don't ya know" (said like Whit in her Minnesota accent) I was getting on the sidewalk and my bike slid, I flew and did this flip thingy but all is well! ALL I got to show is a little scrape on my knee! It's been such a great week! I can't believe how quickly the Lord's work is hastening! I love being a missionary with all my heart and I'm so grateful for all the support I have! I love you all!

Love, Sister Eaton



No comments:

Post a Comment