Sunday, March 27, 2016

March 21 - Service

Blog- 
I don't even know where to begin! This has been an amazing week and it feels like it's been much longer than 7 days because of everything that has happened! We were able to go do service on Monday evening for FHE at the United food bank in Mesa. Our investigator Tabbi totally came! On Tuesday after district meeting we went to FMSC again as a district and I'm always amazed at how many meals we're able to pack in such a short amount of time! They tell you who you're packing for and my first two times it was for children in the Philippines but this time it was for Mexico! And on Thursday we were also able to go to a local food bank here in Chandler called Matthew's crossing and help distribute food for them. I love going there because of Ollie. He's the cute old man in the middle and he's so happy every day! I asked him why he's always so happy and he just told me "I just doesn't have bad days"... He just doesn't have bad days! He's such a great example to me of seeking light. There's so much to be happy for, especially with Christ's gospel. His atonement is so profound yet so simple. He loves us. That's what it comes down to. Jesus Christ loves us so much he was willing to give His life for each and every one of us. This week we were able to go to the Easter Pageant in Mesa with one of our investigators, Roya. She is amazing! She does live in the Gilbert mission boundaries so we had to pass her off but we couldn't be more excited for her to continue learning more and grow closer to Jesus Christ. 

The pageant was wonderful! It began with the creation and showed that God has sent us prophets. It went through Christ's life as He was born, grew up ministering from the young age of 12 in temples, and the many miracles He performed. It ended with His atoning sacrifice for all man kind in the garden of Gethsemane, His death on Golgotha, and His glorious resurrection. My favorite song of the pageant was when all 400+ cast members sang "He Lives!" over and over again as Christ ascended above the stage. I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to go and remember at this special time of year my Savior Jesus Christ and have my testimony of Him strengthened. The bonus on the night was seeing President and Sister Toone there with three of their children and their families! I love them so much!!! And we got to sit right in front of them! 
Another highlight from this week was Xavier's baptism and confirmation! He is amazing and has such a powerful testimony of this gospel. His baptism went perfectly and I'm overwhelmed by the support of the ward and his family. It's not too often that individuals, particularly in YSA, have support from their family when they choose to be baptized but Xavier's family is incredible!

My heart is so full of gratitude when I think about what a wonderful work I am apart of. 18 months isn't a very long time and it's half way over but I'm just trying to be whoever it is Heavenly Father needs me to be. I'm grateful for all of you and your love and examples! Have a wonderful Easter Sunday!💐 
Love, Sister Eaton

Service at the local food bank with Ollie

Easter pageant with Roya

Xavier's baptism!!

No comments:

Post a Comment